Migrate to server and IP address change with teamcity

Hi
I’ve just migrated a deployment server hosting teamcity and octopus deploy on to a new server. During the migration a temporary IP address was allocated to the server and at the end we switched back to the original. However when we run the build in Teamcity which at the end pushes to octopus deploy server the ip address at the stage of running: octo.exe create-release --server http://192.168.0.1:80/ --apikey SECRET --project APROJECT --enableservicemessages --version --deployto Staging --progress the ip address is the old temporary one. I’ve searched all the configs and I cannot find anywhere to change this. I’ve searched every file on the server using notepad++ for the ip address and its only in the logs of the failed attempts to build. I uninstalled and reinstalled both teamcity and octopus deploy server and still its in there. (I should note I didnt wipe all files from the uninstall, I ran uninstallers and reinstalled in the same directories after a reboot)

Hi Adam,

Thanks for getting in touch! I think you would just need to update the Octopus URL field in your OctopusDeploy: Create Release step in your TeamCity configuration. Other than that, maybe the bindings/ports need to be updated, e.g. maybe they’re both configured to use port 80, causing a conflict? If that doesn’t help, could you send the full error message you’re seeing? That should help point us in the right direction. :slight_smile:

I hope that helps!

Best regards,

Kenny

1 Like

Hi Kenny, that was the thing to change thanks.

I guess that setting isn’t stored in a file that search couldn’t find.

Hi Adam,

Great to hear! Thanks for confirming, and please don’t hesitate to reach out if you have any questions in the future. :slight_smile:

Best regards,

Kenny

This topic was automatically closed 31 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.