Migrate octopus to new server (Data back process)

Hi,

we are planning to migrate our octopus server (3.11.16) to new server.
We are using octopus-manager export feature to export the data.

how can we export the entire data without releases ?
With release information, we are having huge amount of data and we don’t want past release information on our new server.

we are using cmd to run the export command: how can I ignore the release data expoert information.

“C:\Program Files\Octopus Deploy\Octopus\Octopus.Migrator.exe” export --instance “OctopusServer” --directory “Octopus” --password “xxxxxxx”

Thanks,
Nikesh

Hi Nikesh,

Thanks for getting in touch! I can provide you with some pointers regarding your migration here.

The first thing to note is that you should always migrate data between two Octopus servers of the same version. If this migration is a part of an upgrade, it is suggested that you install the same version of Octopus on your target server as you are currently running. Importing between different versions of Octopus can often cause issues.

As for migrating your data, I believe the best method (Our recommended) would be to perform a backup and restore of your entire Octopus database and master key to your target server, then remove the releases you no longer want. You can call Octo.exe delete-release to delete releases you do not wish to have on your new instance. The Octo.exe command line here is quite simple and would require some custom scripting to automate it for each release you wish to remove.

Let me know if you have any questions here or run into any issues.

Best regards,
Daniel

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.