maxClauseCount is set to 1024

After upgrade to Octo 2.5.7 from 2.4.x we are seeing the following error reported by the web UI when viewing dashboards and project overviews. This looks to be a RavenDB / Lucene error based on some quick Googling.

maxClauseCount is set to 1024

Hi Adam,

Thanks for getting in touch! This is a new one for us! Could you give a little information about your Octopus setup specifically with what is accessed on the dashboard.
So information like: # of environments, projects, releases
And just so I know, this isn’t effecting your individual releases or deployments?

Vanessa

I can produce this with a dashboard showing all projects or a dashboard showing only 1 project. I have 6 environments, 433 projects, and ~13k releases according to RavenDB. I am able to create releases and deploy.

Hi Adam,

Thanks for the reply. Yeah the reason I asked about the releases and projects is regardless on what you have it set to show on the dashboard we create an index to show previous releases now, so the number of projects and releases may be causing this, irregardless on what you have it set to show.
I’ve created a new issue in GitHub so we can fix the error showing which you can track here:

If we need it for testing or replication would you be open to sharing your database with us?
Thanks!
Vanessa

Hi Adam,

Would it be possible to email (support @ octopusdeploy.com) or attach the full exception message + stack trace from the C:\Octopus\Logs\OctopusServer.txt log file?

(Having some more information on the location of the failure will make it easier to pinpoint.)

Many thanks,
Nick

2014-08-21 00:00:48.7073 ERROR Unhandled error on request: https://deploy.zywave.com/api/dashboard : maxClauseCount is set to 1024
Lucene.Net.Search.BooleanQuery+TooManyClauses: maxClauseCount is set to 1024
at Lucene.Net.Search.BooleanQuery.Add(BooleanClause clause) in d:\Lucene.Net\FullRepo\trunk\src\core\Search\BooleanQuery.cs:line 183
at Lucene.Net.Search.MultiTermQuery.ScoringBooleanQueryRewrite.Rewrite(IndexReader reader, MultiTermQuery query) in d:\Lucene.Net\FullRepo\trunk\src\core\Search\MultiTermQuery.cs:line 135
at Lucene.Net.Search.IndexSearcher.Rewrite(Query original) in d:\Lucene.Net\FullRepo\trunk\src\core\Search\IndexSearcher.cs:line 302
at Lucene.Net.Search.Query.Weight(Searcher searcher) in d:\Lucene.Net\FullRepo\trunk\src\core\Search\Query.cs:line 96
at Lucene.Net.Search.Searcher.Search(Query query, Collector results) in d:\Lucene.Net\FullRepo\trunk\src\core\Search\Searcher.cs:line 74
at Raven.Database.Indexing.Index.IndexQueryOperation.ExecuteQuery(IndexSearcher indexSearcher, Query luceneQuery, Int32 start, Int32 pageSize, IndexQuery indexQuery) in c:\Builds\RavenDB-Stable\Raven.Database\Indexing\Index.cs:line 1252
at Raven.Database.Indexing.Index.IndexQueryOperation.d__52.MoveNext() in c:\Builds\RavenDB-Stable\Raven.Database\Indexing\Index.cs:line 925
at Raven.Database.Util.ActiveEnumerable1..ctor(IEnumerable1 enumerable) in c:\Builds\RavenDB-Stable\Raven.Database\Util\ActiveEnumerable.cs:line 16
at Raven.Database.DocumentDatabase.<>c__DisplayClass91.b__88(IStorageActionsAccessor actions) in c:\Builds\RavenDB-Stable\Raven.Database\DocumentDatabase.cs:line 1331
at Raven.Storage.Esent.TransactionalStorage.ExecuteBatch(Action1 action, EsentTransactionContext transactionContext) in c:\Builds\RavenDB-Stable\Raven.Database\Storage\Esent\TransactionalStorage.cs:line 666 at Raven.Storage.Esent.TransactionalStorage.Batch(Action1 action) in c:\Builds\RavenDB-Stable\Raven.Database\Storage\Esent\TransactionalStorage.cs:line 617
at Raven.Database.DocumentDatabase.Query(String index, IndexQuery query, Action1 headerInfo, Action1 onResult) in c:\Builds\RavenDB-Stable\Raven.Database\DocumentDatabase.cs:line 1368
at Raven.Client.Embedded.EmbeddedDatabaseCommands.<>c__DisplayClass24.b__1e() in c:\Builds\RavenDB-Stable\Raven.Client.Embedded\EmbeddedDatabaseCommands.cs:line 549
at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.Execute()

Hi Kirk,

We have a patched release (2.5.8) in the works for this - should be out within a day or so. Sorry about the hassle.

Regards,
Nick

Hi Adam/Kirk,

After taking a backup, please install the patched version from http://download.octopusdeploy.com/octopus/Octopus.2.5.8.442-x64.msi

This contains only a few targeted fixes on top of 2.5.7, so we’re not making a general release at this point, but please get in touch if you notice any problems.

Many thanks,
Nick

Initial testing indicates that the fix is working. Thank you!