Mark a deployment as rolled back

We are using OD for deployment of sql schema changes. As part of each release we first run the rollback, and then the upgrade. Then to rollback that release we run the deployment again while skipping the upgrade step.

My question arises from the issue that OD now marks that rollback as a successful deployment. Is there a way to customize the process so that we can mark that deployment as rolled back? Or some other status than success?

Hi Tim,

Thanks for getting in touch,

It’s definitely possible within Octopus to manage the release status as you’ve outlined.

You can edit the release itself and change the status to Successful, Failed or Cancelled and can leave an associated reason which is viewable in the audit log.

When delving into the release itself, it will still appear as successful from the deployment log perspective, though the UI/overview will change accordingly. I imagine that you might prefer to use Cancelled as appose to Failed to avoid confusion.

I do, however, think that this level of customization/visibility is lacking for your needs, however, I’ll have a chat to the team about this in our catch up and will get back to you ASAP with the plan moving forward.

If you require any further assistance in the interim, please let me know :slight_smile:

Kind Regards,

Reece

Hi Tim,

Thanks for your patience,

As previously mentioned, I had a chat with the team regarding this.

At this stage, i’d recommend heading over to the User Voice area and leaving this suggestion here.

We consider all the User Voice requests when planning our road map, based on community support.

If you require any further assistance in the interim, please let me know :slight_smile:

Kind Regards,

Reece

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.