Manual intervention with Email notification

Hi Team,

I need to implement below scenario in the Octopus deploy website -
Scenario -

1. If user did not (forgets) click “proceed” in Manual intervention step, after particular time duration an email should trigger.
  2. If user does click “proceed” or “abort”, the email notification should be skipped.

Could you please help me with some implementation logic or example to proceed with this?

Thanks and Regards,
Prathamesh Wagh

Hi Prathamesh,

Thanks for getting in touch!

This isn’t something that can be done within the deployment process itself, you can use a subscription to generate a notification email for any deployments when they reach a manual intervention step, but this will only trigger once per deployment, it won’t repeat the notification if it isn’t acknowledged.

The other option would be to script something outside of Octopus to query the API and build some logic and an emailer based on the results.
If planning to script against the API, then the octopus.client will prove useful for you.

Something like this would be a starting point, it will return all interruptions currently raised. You can then apply filtering for specific projects if needed.

Add-Type -Path 'Octopus.Client.dll'

$apikey = 'API-#########' # Get this from your profile
$octopusURI = 'https://<octopusURL>' # Your server address

$endpoint = New-Object Octopus.Client.OctopusServerEndpoint $octopusURI,$apikey
$repository = New-Object Octopus.Client.OctopusRepository $endpoint

$repository.Interruptions.FindAll()

I hope this helps, please let me know if you have any further questions.

Regards,
Paul

This topic was automatically closed 31 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.