Manual Intervention ignoring input

Running 2018.4 of Octopus, it happened now 2 or 3 times where when a deployment fails (for some reason every time because a package tries to update a locked file) none of the Fail/Ignore/Retry links do anything. I can click them all day long with nothing happening.

When I click Cancel, I briefly get below exception.

The interruption is not pending input

System.InvalidOperationException

at Octopus.Core.Model.ServerTasks.Interruption.CheckPending()

at Octopus.Server.Web.Api.Actions.SubmitInterruptionResponder.UpdateLinkedInterruptions(Interruption interruption, IQueryExecutor queryExecutor)

at Octopus.Server.Web.Api.Actions.TaskCancelResponder.CancelLinkedInterruptions(String taskId, IRelationalTransaction transaction)

at Octopus.Server.Web.Api.Actions.TaskCancelResponder.ExecuteRegistered(String id)

at Octopus.Server.Web.Infrastructure.Api.Responder`1.Respond(TDescriptor options, NancyContext context)

at System.Dynamic.UpdateDelegates.UpdateAndExecute3[T0,T1,T2,TRet](CallSite site, T0 arg0, T1 arg1, T2 arg2)

at Octopus.Server.Web.Infrastructure.OctopusNancyModule.<>c__DisplayClass14_0.<get_Routes>b__1(Object x)

at Nancy.Routing.Route.<>c__DisplayClass4.b__3(Object parameters, CancellationToken context)

At this point not even restarting the Octopus Tentacle Service make a difference. :frowning:

Hi Michael,

Thanks for getting in touch! I’m very sorry you’re hitting this really annoying and unexpected issue. I haven’t had any luck in reproducing this behavior, however. Would you be willing to provide some additional information to help us get to the bottom of this one?

1. Which specific version of Octopus are you currently running?
  2. Are you experiencing this issue in another browser by chance?
  3. Is this happening for every guided failure you’ve encountered?

I look forward to hearing back!

Kind regards,

Kenny

Kenny - I am running 2018.4.10
The issue is not browser specific
I don’t know if it’s every guided failure at this point but what is unique-ish where I do notice it is that the child project failed i.e. it’s a spawned deployment step from a master project (hope it makes sense).

I click assign to me, then neither Fail/Retry/Ignore advances the GUI.

Hi Michael,

Thanks for following up and providing those additional details on your setup! I was able to replicate this behavior when setting up a child project to fail, where its deployment was triggered by another project’s Deploy a Release step. I’m very sorry again that you’re hitting this really annoying behavior. I’ve raised the following GitHub issue to get this resolved, and you can track its progress here.

Currently I’m unsure what the best workaround is here, and I’m discussing it with my team. I’ll let you know if we have any developments. :slight_smile:

Best regards,

Kenny

I turned off guided failures for now.

Thanks for the fast support - you guys are really on top of it and provide fixes in records time. Great Job Octopus Team.

Hi Michael,

Thanks for the kind words! I’ve shared them with the team. :slight_smile:

We’ll ensure the update the issue whenever we can, so feel free to track its progress. Don’t hesitate to reach out if you have any further questions or concerns in the future.

Kind regards,

Kenny

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.