Maintain both active directory and form based authentication

Hi ,

I have setup octopus deploy with active directory authentication. There are few users whom i dont want to add in my active directory and just provide read access of the project using octopus form based authentication. But i believe we can use either form based authentication or active directory authentication. Let me know if i can use both for this?

Hi,

Thanks for getting in touch! Octopus 3.5 added support for multiple authentication providers being enabled simultaneously. To enable both Active Directory and UsernamePassword authentication, run the following command:

Octopus.Server.exe configure --usernamePasswordIsEnabled=true
Octopus.Server.exe configure --activeDirectoryIsEnabled=true

(Note: The previous ‘webAuthenticationMode’ parameter to switch between AD and UsernamePassword will automatically enable one and disable the other.)

All of the permissions for users outside of Active Directory will then be managed in Octopus.

Also in 3.5, we added support for Azure AD and Google Apps authentication. You can read more about supported authentication providers, and refer to that command in our documentation: https://octopus.com/docs/administration/authentication-providers

Let me know how you go, and if you have any further questions!

Kenny

Awesome. Thanks Kenneth. Let me try this.