Mailing problem with Octopus seperated mail addresses

Hi all,

I upgraded Octopus successfuly from 2.6 to 3.019 . And I have got a new problem about SMTP mailing at this new version.

My projects have sending mail steps and they are failing.
Error log:
“Unable to send to all recipients.”

I was testing this at “SMTP Configuration”. İf I click" Save and Test" and write an mail address it works! But if I write 2 mail addresses seperated with comma İt fails as the follwing error log. Could you help me? Thx a lot.
testmail1@test.com,testmail2@test.com

Sending test email…
Unable to send to all recipients.
System.Net.Mail.SmtpFailedRecipientsException: Unable to send to all recipients. —> System.Net.Mail.SmtpFailedRecipientException: Mailbox unavailable. The server response was: 5.1.1 User unknown
— End of inner exception stack trace —
at System.Net.Mail.SmtpTransport.SendMail(MailAddress sender, MailAddressCollection recipients, String deliveryNotify, Boolean allowUnicode, SmtpFailedRecipientException& exception)
at System.Net.Mail.SmtpClient.Send(MailMessage message)
at Octopus.Server.Orchestration.Deploy.Email.SmtpClientWrapper.Send(SmtpConfiguration configuration, MailMessage message) in Y:\work\refs\heads\master\source\Octopus.Server\Orchestration\Deploy\Email\SmtpClientWrapper.cs:line 14
at Octopus.Server.Orchestration.Email.EmailTestTaskController.Execute() in Y:\work\refs\heads\master\source\Octopus.Server\Orchestration\Email\EmailTestTaskController.cs:line 46
at Octopus.Shared.Tasks.RunningTask.RunMainThread() in Y:\work\refs\heads\master\source\Octopus.Shared\Tasks\RunningTask.cs:line 80
Octopus.Server version 3.0.19.2485

Hi,

Thanks for reaching out. The error System.Net.Mail.SmtpFailedRecipientException: Mailbox unavailable. The server response was: 5.1.1 User unknown indicates that the user you are trying to send the email to doesnt exist. Have you tried using real user addresses?

I’ve just tried to send an email to 2 comma separated emails from 3.0.19 and it worked on my end using my home exchange server.

Thanks,

Dalmiro

Thanks!