Machine variable for default installation root

Hi,

I’m trying to configure a custom installation directory for a package - it’s being deployed to a number of Tenacles, which have various values for their “default installation directory” (e.g. “C:\Octopus\Applications”, “D:\Octopus\Applications”, etc).

I want my installation to be inside a subfolder of this location, but I can’t seem to find a pre-defined System Variable that I can use in the “Custom Installation Directory” of my “deploy package” step so that it maps to the correct “C:\Octopus” or “D:\Octopus” location on each Tentacle.

What I’d really like to be able to specify is something like:

Custom Installation Directory: "#{Octopus.Machine.DefaultInstallationRoot}\#{Octopus.Environment.Name }\MySubfolder"

The only alternative I can come up with is to create my own variable (e.g. in a global variable set) which is scoped to provide the correct value for individual Tentacles, but that’s going to add a bit of maintenance overhead.

Am I missing something?

Cheers,

Mike

Ah, never mind - found it…

Octopus.Tentacle.Agent.ApplicationDirectoryPath

Cheers,

M

Hi Mike,

Thanks for the update on your problem here. I’m glad to hear that you found the variable to do this.

Please do not hesitate to get in touch if you have any further questions. :slight_smile:

Best regards,
Daniel

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.