Lost Master Key Reinstall

Hello I am trying to do a reinstall of Octopus Server but I lost my Master Key.

One Quick question before I get into the problem I am running into. I have a file called OctopusServer.config that is from the original Octopus install it has an entry called Octopus.Storage.MasterKey I originally thought this was the MasterKey but when I go to use it as the MasterKey when reinstalling and pointing to the old database it says invalid. Is there a way to get the MasterKey Value from OctopusStorage.MasterKey?

Example of what I am talking about below:
AQAAANCMnd8BFdERjHoAwE/Cl+sBAAAABiOiKRsQL0a7Q2oex7KdWwQAAAACAAAAAAADZgAAwAAAABAAAAAekfLkS4ylLsMPd26n7yHDAAAAAASAAACgAAAAEAAA I removed about half of the numbers and letters in the above key even though it seems to be encrypted just in case.

If I cannot get the Master Key from the above I was following this documentation to get things up and running again.

I was on Step 2 part 5: “Run Octopus.Server.exe database --connectionString="YOUR-CONNECTION-STRING" to point this Octopus Server at the database you are trying to recover.”

When executing the above with my connection string I am running into a problem: Here is the repeating problem I am seeing in the Octopus Log: I removed the IPs below but no other modifications were made there is more to the log but this exception seems to be the thing stopping everything. Any ideas on what I could do to get past this exception?

2020-02-04 14:39:59.7307 57 INFO listen://[::]:10943/ 57 Accepted TCP client: [::ffff:Removed IP
2020-02-04 14:39:59.7307 57 INFO listen://[::]:10943/ 57 Performing TLS server handshake
2020-02-04 14:39:59.7307 57 INFO listen://[::]:10943/ 57 Accepted TCP client: [::ffff:Removed IP
2020-02-04 14:39:59.7307 48 INFO listen://[::]:10943/ 48 Unhandled error when handling request from client: [::ffff:Removed IP
System.IO.IOException: Authentication failed because the remote party has closed the transport stream.
at System.Net.Security.SslState.InternalEndProcessAuthentication(LazyAsyncResult lazyResult)
at System.Net.Security.SslState.EndProcessAuthentication(IAsyncResult result)
at System.Threading.Tasks.TaskFactory1.FromAsyncCoreLogic(IAsyncResult iar, Func2 endFunction, Action1 endAction, Task1 promise, Boolean requiresSynchronization)
— End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown —
at System.Runtime.ExceptionServices.ExceptionDispatchInfo.Throw()
at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)
at Halibut.Transport.SecureListener.d__15.MoveNext()

Thanks

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.