Locations of files that can be deleted

Hi there

I’ve been using Octopus Deploy for a while now and most things are now automated from code commits to deploys. This results in a large number of packages being built and deployed to our various environments and using up our disk space.

Can you let me know which folders are okay to periodically clean out?

On the tentacle machines I usually clear out the older files in /Octopus/Applications/Environment/ and /Octopus/Files. Can I actually clear out everything in these folders without causing errors and are there any other folders?

On the server, are there any files I can clear out in the Octopus folder? I was scared to fiddle too much in this folder in case I corrupted something.

Thanks in advance!
Amrit

Hi Amrit,

Thanks for getting in touch! Octopus has the functionality to automatically clean itself up. Manually clearing out folders is not recommended as Octopus has its own method for doing so. This feature is called Retention Policy and we have some fantastic documentation around how you can take advantage of it.

If you have any further questions here or run into any issues, please don’t hesitate to let me know. :slight_smile:

Best regards,
Daniel