Linux tentacle pulling mode error with CA certificate

Hello

I have created a Linux tentacle in the registration process, It throws the following error:
rainbow_tentacle_log_error.txt (17.7 KB)

The following certificate errors were encountered when establishing the HTTPS connection to the server: RemoteCertificateChainErrors
Certificate subject name: CN=*.octopus.app
Certificate thumbprint:   958DBEA985D7F309E0694F8BE9F0793CBFF8A92B
The following certificate errors were encountered when establishing the HTTPS connection to the server: RemoteCertificateChainErrors
Certificate subject name: CN=*.octopus.app`

I have updated the CA in the Linux VM with the next command:
sudo update-ca-certificates

Hi @antonio.fernandez

Welcome to the Octopus forums!

Sorry to hear that you’re getting a certificate error connecting to your tentacle.

Can you try browsing to your Octopus server instance from the Linux machine using HTTPS and see if that works?

I have seen that sometimes the update-ca-certificates command can be problematic running against certificates that have another extension in their name (i.e. certificate.pem.crt). It might be worth checking if your certificate is in the store just to make sure.

You could also try running the update-ca-certificates command using the --fresh option to remove symlinks.

We did have someone with a similar issue and they solved it by installing openssl11 package on their Linux instance.

Let me know of the outcome of the above and I’ll try to help best I can!

Kind Regards

I have found the issue, the problem was the infrastructure provider blocked the HTTPS port.
Sorry for the inconvenience.

Hi @antonio.fernandez

That’s no problem at all! Glad that you could solve the issue.

If you have any further questions, please let us know!

Kind Regards
Sean

This topic was automatically closed 31 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.