Linking Deployments and Runbooks

We have a variety of operations tasks that we want to operate “on” a given deployment. For example, we have a project which is a symfony PHP project and there are operations tasks which need to execute using the php symfony command line tooling. Another project is essentially just a large collection of powershell modules and we would like to execute a runbook importing and calling functions from those modules.

The runbook needs to execute in the installation directory of the current release of the associated deployment. Is there any way to link this up and pull the directory in?

Hi @cmellon1,

Thanks for getting in touch! I tried to find a way to manually build the installation path in the runbook, but since it’s out of the context of any deployment there aren’t any helpful variables available to use to build it with. Probably the best way around this that I see would be to define a single path that would remain constant around all deployments, which you could do with the custom installation directory feature. This would allow you to specify that one path in the runbook without worry of it changing.

I hope that helps in some way. If you have any further questions or concerns moving forward, don’t hesitate to reach out. :slight_smile:

Best regards,

Kenny