LifecycleView permission exposes all Lifecycles

We have a client we would like to have read-only access to all of their project, Process, Variables, Variable Sets, Environments, etc.

We are using Octopus v2018.3.11

We have created a custom role ClientA Read Only for this client. When we give LifecycleView permission to the role, the user is able to see all of the Lifecycles defined, not just ones that belong to their project. We feel like this is inappropriate and would like to know if it is possible to restrict them to only viewing the Lifecycle for their project.

Here is what they would see for Lifecycles. The permissions given are below this image.

Permissions (you may have to click the image to see it completely):

Hi Daniel,

Thanks for getting in touch! Unfortunately scoping a user’s team to a subset of projects doesn’t limit access to lifecycles used only in those projects.

We’re currently working on a feature called Spaces which will allow you to better control this access. This feature is designed to provide better segregation between teams to allow you to control access to objects like lifecycles per team. We’ve recently started an introductory blog series around the Spaces feature which you can read more about here.

I’m sorry I can’t provide a better answer to address this currently. I’d recommend following our blog for further updates regarding this feature. Don’t hesitate to reach out if you have any further questions or concerns going forward.

Kind regards,

Kenny

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.