Lifecycle Usage tab still empty

The github issue Automatic Release Creation shows Package Step: Not Found · Issue #7004 · OctopusDeploy/Issues · GitHub has been closed and my previous thread Lifecycles incorrectly says "not being used in any projects" has been automatically closed however I don’t believe this is resolved. The Usage tab is still empty for all of our Lifecycles. Feel free to login to our workspace or I can DM you a link or screenshots if you like.

Good afternoon @darren.woodford,

Thanks for getting in touch and sorry to hear it seems the fix we put out in the github issue has not resolved the issue you are experiencing.

Can I confirm I am able to create myself a support user on your instance, and I will take a closer look, I may be able to re-open the GitHub issue if necessary so our engineers can take another look at it but I would like to take a look at your instance first to confirm this is the same issue.

Let me know if there is anything else I can help you with in the meantime.

Kind Regards,

Clare Martin

Hi Clare

Thanks for getting back to me. Yes please go ahead and create yourself a support user on our instance.

Kind regards
Darren

Good evening @darren.woodford,

Thank you for your patience whilst I investigate this issue for you. I can confirm I have reproduced this issue in the new version of Octopus (the one you are on).

I have created a new issue for this as it behaves slightly differently from the previous github issue you linked in that ARC is showing the package is found.

As soon as you enable ARC on a project it clears the Lifecycles > Usage tab and shows the lifecycle is not associated with any projects. If you then delete ARC from that project the Lifecycles > Usage tab then reflects the projects it is associated with.

Thank you for letting us know about this. If you monitor the bug issue I created hopefully a fix can be produced soon for you.

Anything else you need help with in the meantime please reach out!

Kind Regards,

Clare Martin

I have had a response from the team that deals with the issues you are experiencing and they have confirmed a fix has been implemented for 2021.2 and 2021.3 so hopefully when your instance is next due an upgrade and is upgraded to the latest version the fix should be included in that version.

I hope that helps reassure you that the incident has been looked into and a fix is on the way, it will be after the new year now due to Octopus Deploy staff being on a skeleton crew over Christmas we have decided to halt upgrades over the festive period to ensure customer instance stability whilst users are also away from offices over the break.

Please let me know when you do get upgraded if the issue is then fixed as we can troubleshoot further if not.

Have a great Christmas and New Year and please reach out if you are experiencing any other issues.

Kind Regards,

Clare Martin

I have received an email notification from github Enabling ARC on a project clears the Lifecycles > Usage page of all associated projects. · Issue #7277 · OctopusDeploy/Issues · GitHub to say this is fixed however you will see that the “Autodeploy to DEV” lifecycle in our instance still show nothing on the usage page although it is used on the majority of our projects. Is anybody actually checking these things are fixed before closing the issues?

Thank you for your reply, your Octopus Cloud Instance is currently on 2021.3.8275 and would therefore not include the fix for this bug as that was released in 2021.3.10322.

Your next upgrade would be to 2021.3.10526 which will roll out to your instance soon, this would have the fix in it.

If you would like, we could schedule the upgrade to happen at your next maintenance window?

Thank you for your patience whilst we work on this fault and please let me know if you would like your instance to be upgraded on your next outage window.

That fix should then be applied to your instance.

Kind Regards,

Clare Martin

Hi Clare

Thanks for the explanation. Yes please schedule the upgrade for our next maintenance window. When will this be please?

Regards
Darren

Hey @darren.woodford,

Thank you for the quick response, your outage window is scheduled for 01:00 till 03:00 UTC.

Can I just re-confirm (now you know the times) that you want to go ahead with the upgrade during this time?

Kind Regards,

Clare Martin

Yes please go ahead. We won’t be doing any deployments at that time of day.

Hi @darren.woodford,

This has now been scheduled. Your instance will upgrade to 2021.3.10526 during your outage window of 01:00 till 03:00 UTC.

Please let me know if you run into any issues tomorrow after the upgrade and also if the fix has been applied and you can see the projects in the lifecycles again.

Kind Regards,

Clare Martin

Hey @darren.woodford,

Just checked on your instance and I can see it has upgraded successfully, please let me know if this has not fixed the usage tab and I will get the issue reopened.

Anything else you need in the meantime please reach out!

Kind Regards,

Clare Martin

This topic was automatically closed 31 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.