Library VariableSet Audit Trail returns no data

Within a variable set there is an Audit Trail which opens the audit page pre-populated with the document LibraryVariableset id.

Applied filters such as username and restricted the date period but changes made to the variable set are not shown (I have made changes so would expect to see them)

Hi @aysef,

Thanks for getting in touch! I’ll need to get some more information from you to get a better idea of what is going wrong here.

Would you be able to let me know what version of Octopus deploy you are currently using?

If you remove the username filter and just search the Regarding documents does it have the same result?

Looking forward to hearing from you and getting to the bottom of this. :slight_smile:

Best regards,
Daniel

Hi Daniel,

We’re using version: V2018.7.7
Removing the name filter returns no audit info. I just made a change to a library variable set, went to the audit trail and nothing showing.

Thanks
Regards
Ayse

Hi Ayse,

Thanks for the update. I have tested this on the same version you have reported but I am able to return the expected results here.

Would you be able to try replicating this issue with your browsers developers console open? Can you report any errors in the network tab whilst browsing to the Audit Trail section?

It looks like this should work, but the developers console will have some more information.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Best regards,
Daniel

Hi Daniel,

With username filter no network error but no data returned either

With no username filter (just clicking on the Audit Filter) I eventually get a 500 and no data returned - sql timeout error. The error is too long to post here but ends:

Tenants-%|%’))\r\nSystem.Exception\r\n at Nevermore.RelationalTransaction.ExecuteScalar[T](String query, CommandParameterValues args, Nullable1 commandTimeoutSeconds)\r\n at Nevermore.QueryBuilder2.Count()\r\n at Nevermore.QueryBuilder2.ToList(Int32 skip, Int32 take, Int32& totalResults)\r\n at Octopus.Server.Web.Api.Actions.ListEventsResponder.ExecuteRegistered()\r\n at Octopus.Server.Web.Infrastructure.Api.Responder1.Respond(TDescriptor options, NancyContext context)\r\n at System.Dynamic.UpdateDelegates.UpdateAndExecute3[T0,T1,T2,TRet](CallSite site, T0 arg0, T1 arg1, T2 arg2)\r\n at Octopus.Server.Web.Infrastructure.OctopusNancyModule.<>c__DisplayClass14_0.<get_Routes>b__1(Object x)\r\n at Nancy.Routing.Route.<>c__DisplayClass4.b__3(Object parameters, CancellationToken context)\r\n\r\n–Inner Exception–\r\nSQL Error -2 - Execution Timeout Expired. The timeout period elapsed prior to completion of the operation or the server is not responding.\r\nSystem.Data.SqlClient.SqlException\r\n at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlConnection.OnError(SqlException exception, Boolean breakConnection, Action1 wrapCloseInAction)\r\n at System.Data.SqlClient.TdsParser.ThrowExceptionAndWarning(TdsParserStateObject stateObj, Boolean callerHasConnectionLock, Boolean asyncClose)\r\n at System.Data.SqlClient.TdsParser.TryRun(RunBehavior runBehavior, SqlCommand cmdHandler, SqlDataReader dataStream, BulkCopySimpleResultSet bulkCopyHandler, TdsParserStateObject stateObj, Boolean& dataReady)\r\n at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlDataReader.TryConsumeMetaData()\r\n at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlDataReader.get_MetaData()\r\n at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.FinishExecuteReader(SqlDataReader ds, RunBehavior runBehavior, String resetOptionsString, Boolean isInternal, Boolean forDescribeParameterEncryption)\r\n at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.RunExecuteReaderTds(CommandBehavior cmdBehavior, RunBehavior runBehavior, Boolean returnStream, Boolean async, Int32 timeout, Task& task, Boolean asyncWrite, Boolean inRetry, SqlDataReader ds, Boolean describeParameterEncryptionRequest)\r\n at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.RunExecuteReader(CommandBehavior cmdBehavior, RunBehavior runBehavior, Boolean returnStream, String method, TaskCompletionSource1 completion, Int32 timeout, Task& task, Boolean& usedCache, Boolean asyncWrite, Boolean inRetry)\r\n at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.RunExecuteReader(CommandBehavior cmdBehavior, RunBehavior runBehavior, Boolean returnStream, String method)\r\n at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.ExecuteScalar()\r\n at Nevermore.Transient.IDbCommandExtensions.<>c__DisplayClass11_0.b__0()\r\n at Nevermore.Transient.RetryPolicy.ExecuteAction[TResult](Func1 func)\r\n at Nevermore.RelationalTransaction.ExecuteScalar[T](String query, CommandParameterValues args, Nullable1 commandTimeoutSeconds)\r\n\r\n–Inner Exception–\r\nThe wait operation timed out\r\nSystem.ComponentModel.Win32Exception"

Hi Ayse,

Thanks for getting back! I have run this past the team and it looks like we may have an answer to the problem.

We fixed an issue in Octopus version 2018.7.12. I have copied a quote from the GitHub issue:

If an admin user is part of multiple teams, and subsequent teams have scoped restrictions for the EventView permission that admin will be restricted by the more restrictive set up.

Now I can not be certain that this is the issue you are running into, though it does seem like the most likely candidate at the moment. Are you able to at least Octopus version 2018.7.12 and let me know if it resolves your issue?

The upgrade between these patch versions should be quick and without any issues. However if you have any questions or concerns here, please let me know. :slight_smile:

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Best regards,
Daniel

Hi Daniel

We recently upgraded to V2018.8.7 and I’m please to say the issue has been resolved.

Thank you for your support

Regards
Ayse

Hi Ayse,

Thanks for the update! I’m glad to hear the upgrade resolved your issue. :slight_smile:

Please feel free to get in touch at any time.

Best regards,
Daniel

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.