Libraries view is not available when team is scoped to some projects

Hello, we’re limiting access to projects using teams, which are restricted to both projects and environments. We also create sandbox projects for developers, so that they develop and troubleshoot deployments for their products in sandbox environment. But in this case they cannot see any libraries. Perhaps we don’t want them to edit libraries, but we want them to see variables there.

But when we limit team to project and environments, they cannot see any library variables. And they cannot click “all variables” in the project variables list.

What can be done?

Btw, having them editing some libraries also can be a good thing.

Hi Dmitry,

Thanks for getting in touch! I’m sorry for the delay in getting back getting back to you! This sounds like it could be related to the below GitHub issues, there is currently a known issue with the variable permissions that we are looking to fix/overhaul soon. There is currently no fix for this but I can link you to the two GitHub issues on this for more information.

If this does not explain your current problem, I will need some more detailed information on the issue you are having.

Let me know what you think.

Best regards,
Daniel

Hello Danial, I guess this can be related. So perhaps the best option at this moment to wait for you guys to overhaul permissions thing and then see how it works for us.

Hi Dmitry,

Thanks for getting back. I think waiting is the best option sadly. I would love to give you a better answer!

Best regards,
Daniel