LDAP intergration in v3.2.6

Hi,

We are currently running Octopus Deploy v3.2.6 using local authentication and would like to start use active directory. We have users spread across 2 domains (within the same forest) that current use Octopus. Is it possible to point Octopus to a universal group within one of the domains that contains users from both domains? If not how do we integrate with AD when multiple domains are in use?

thanks in advance.

Hi Matt,

Thanks for getting in touch! The best I can say is it should work if its configured correctly.I have seen customers with multiple users with different domains using Ocotpus fine. I believe it all does depend on the AD configuration and trust setup. The best way to confirm would be to try. You could setup a test VM and copy across your current Octopus Setup just to confirm but changing back will just be a case of changing the configuration. If your AD accounts don’t match up with the usernames then you will also have issues as it will create new accounts and you will have to manually merge/update.

Let me know how you go.
Vanessa

Hi,

Do you have any link to a document that outlines how we point octopus to and LDAP server and specify the groups to query, I cant seem to find anything other than the command to actually enable LDAP auth.

Regards

Matt

Hi Matt,

You cannot specify groups to query. It is something we are considering as part of our auth upgrades planned for 3.5.

Vanessa