Latest octo.exe not compatible with older Octopus server

Octo.exe 7.1.3 is not playing nice with an older Octopus server (2018.8.8).

Where can I obtain an older version of octo.exe that will work with my server? The downloads page only seems to offer the very latest version.

EDIT: Found I could install older versions via OctoPosh Install-OctopusTool. I’ve grabbed major versions back to 5.0. They all seem to pop this error when trying to List-Deployments:
octo list-Deployments --project “myProject” --server “myServerUrl” --apiKey “myAPIKey”

System.Exception: The document does not define a link for ‘TenantsStatus’
at Octopus.Client.Model.Resource.Link(String name)
at Octopus.Client.OctopusAsyncRepository.Link(String name)
at Octopus.Client.Repositories.Async.TenantRepository.Status()
at Octopus.Cli.Commands.Deployment.ListDeploymentsCommand.Request()
at Octopus.Cli.Commands.ApiCommand.Execute()
at Octopus.Cli.Commands.ApiCommand.Execute(String[] commandLineArguments)
at Octopus.Cli.CliProgram.Run(String[] args)
Exit code: -3

Am I missing something in how I’m calling octo.exe?

Thanks.

Jamie

Hi Jamie,

Thanks for getting in touch! Unfortunately it looks like you’ve hit on a compatibility issue, where there were some major changes in 5.0 to support the Spaces feature (which was introduced in 2019.1.0). Your server version 2018.8.8 is compatible with Octo.exe versions 4.30.7 ➜ 4.47.0 (referencing our compatibility doc page). If you instead specify 4.47.0 in your Install-OctopusTool command in OctoPosh, does using that version fix up this issue?

Let me know how you go or if you have any further questions going forward. :slight_smile:

Best regards,

Kenny

Thanks Kenny!

Yes … Octo.exe 4.47.0 seems to work correctly for me with server 2018.8.8. Thanks for setting me straight.

Take care.

Jamie

Hi Jamie,

You’re quite welcome! Thanks for confirming that fixed it up, and please don’t hesitate to reach out if you have any questions or concerns in the future. :slight_smile:

Best regards,

Kenny