Large logs in where clause query

Hi,
I was running some querys on our Octopus pods in Azure.
I noticed large block of text in the logs. Is seems like a large amount of text that serves no purpose.
Is this normal?

I have attached the block of text in a file.
Octopus logs.txt (30.1 KB)

Kind Regards,
Micheál Power

Hey @mikepower79,

Thank you for contacting Octopus Support, I took a look at those logs and I think this is just because your instance has a huge amount of users (who each have a Private Space - see below)

I recall a discussion we had on a previous forum post about the fact you have over 1100 spaces and we discussed the introduction of private spaces and the fact we disabled them on our On-Prem instances.

They will be completely removed in a future On-Prem release for many reasons, one of them being this one.

I cant find a similar query if I search for [SpaceId] in my server logs but it may be I have not run any queries where my server is having to look for a certain space, it may help for you to have a look and see what kind of query the server in running in that log. I imagine it will need to pull a certain space which is why its searching for every single space you have on your instance.

Whilst this is not ideal as its a lot of text in the logs (making your logs bigger in size than they should be). I would say confidently those messages will be a lot smaller once we push out the release without Spaces in for our On-Prem users. I am not sure what release that will be in though.

Are you able to look at the query and see if it would require a search of your spaces, if so that would correlate to the large text blocks in your logs.

I look forward to hearing from you,

Kind Regards,

Clare

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 31 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.