Kubernetes "Octopus.*" labels

Hi there

I see that when any kubernetes resources are deployed, Octopus adds labels that help identify how it was deployed. These all start with an “Octopus.” prefix e.g. “Octopus.Project.Id”.

Is there a way to configure/change this prefix or label format e.g. to “octopus.com/projectId
Or to stop labelling entirely for a “Deploy raw Kubernetes YAML” task?

Thanks

To add some further detail and a use-case -

I am evaluating Google Config Connector to create resources in GCP alongside our applications. The connector creates labels on the resources it creates and these “Octopus.*” names are invalid for label keys in GCP. The connector won’t try to create GCP labels that have prefixes such as “my.prefix/key”.

Hi @alexjeffreys,

I’m sorry to be the bearer of bad news once again but at the moment those values are hard-coded into our steps and are used by Octopus during the deployment.

The only way I can imagine to not have these would be to use a regular run a script step and code the creation of the resources yourself, which would ultimately defeat the purpose of using one of our kubernetes steps.

I’m sorry I haven’t been able to provide you with good news today, but please don’t hesitate to get back in touch in the future should you have any issues.

Kind Regards,
Adam

Thanks again for a swift response @adam.hollow :slight_smile:
I’ll try to approach the Google Config Connector project and see if they can offer a way to somehow ignore or transform the labels keys.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 31 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.