Kubernetes Job Deployment

We have been using Octopus to deploy our services to kubernetes and we are now wanting to deploy our first job. We have been using the “Deploy kubernetes container” template but I couldn’t see how to specify a deploy as a job. I was hoping someone could explain what I was missing.

Hi Jeff,

The Deploy Kubernetes Containers step doesn’t currently support creating jobs.

An alternative approach is to use a Run a kubectl script step and execute kubectl apply to apply the job YAML.

Hopefully, we will add the ability to create jobs to the Deploy Kubernetes Containers step in the not too distant future.

If you don’t mind me asking, what types of jobs are you running? The better we understand, the better we can support different scenarios :slight_smile:

If we can provide any additional help, please don’t hesitate to ask.

1 Like

Thanks for the quick reply! I figured that might be the case – the kubectl script will work fine for us. I just wanted to check first.

Of course! its a data migration app. How we want it to work is anytime we need to update the database we can deploy a data migration that will spin through all the data, updating it. And when it’s done, it reports the success of the migration and then cleans up the completed job.

Thanks again for the help!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.