Overall very happy with Octopus, thank you very much for your efforts so far, one issue I am struggling to overcome is having a persistent uploads directory,
I am using the ‘OctopusPackageDirectoryPath’ to keep my site deployed to the same location but I am finding this is still leaving behind orphaned files that are not in the current package,
I have tried:
- Removing all files (excluding _uploads) in my PreDeploy.ps1 but this isn’t very helpful as I am essentially wiping out the recently deployed package
- Creating a Powershell step before and after nuget package deployment to move _uploads directory, this step is failing no matter what I put into the script content (even a write-host, I just get " ERROR Running job on the tentacle failed:" with no message, powershell step bug? log output here )
- Using the ‘OctopusPurgePackageDirectoryBeforeCopy’ setting is a step in the right direction but unfortunately this wipes out my ‘_uploads’ directory entirely so I can’t use this either,
I have read around including the following two links but unfortunately moving the _uploads to another location on the filesystem is not an option,
So my questions are:
- What could be causing a blank error on Powershell script steps? this could solve my issue immediately as I can work around issue above using that, if this could be a bug whats the best location to submit this?
- Is there scope for some kind of ‘ExcludeDirectoryFromPurge’ setting to be used in conjunction with ‘PurgePackageDirectoryBeforeCopy’
- Is there some other obvious method I am missing for preserving a single directory between deployments?
I am running version 1.4…0.1592 on Windows 7, any help is infinitely appreciated and if there is anything I can clarify please let me know,