JSON replacements issues

We’re moving a new front-end application to tenanted deployment using Octopus. Everything works fine except that if we use the feature JSON Configuration Variables the replacement doesn’t work.

If we use a string it will be enclosed in extra double quotes ("") if we use an object the object is “messed” up and escape characters are added in as well as additional quotes. I’ve seen the same issue reported back in 2016 - what is desribed there is exactly our issue.

So my question is, any news on this?

Kind regards,
Joakim

Hi Joakim,

Sorry to hear that you’re having issues with variable replacement in JSON files. I can definitely take a look into this for you. If you would like to drop me an email (support@octopus.com) with the following information attached, I’ll see if I can get to the bottom of it!

1. A Task log with variable logging turned on (https://octopus.com/docs/support/how-to-turn-on-variable-logging-and-export-the-task-log has instructions on how to enable variable logging). Please remember that for those variables to take effect in your deployment, you’ll need to create a new release and then deploy it to get the full task log.

2. The original JSON file that you’re attempting to manipulate in this step (from you packaged zip file/Nuget package). Please be sure to redact out any sensitive information here.

Looking forward to hearing from you soon.

Best,
Justin

As I am off for a few days I’ve asked colleague to supply the information, he will e-mail support@octopus.com. Thanks for the prompt reply.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.