"JSON Configuration Variables" feature not allowing empty strings on version 3.4

We used to set empty strings on json files on version 3.3.
After upgrading to version 3.3 this is not working anymore, logging this message:

“Unable to set value for . The following error occurred: Value cannot be null.
Parameter name: o”

I think this is a bug, or at least a breaking change not documented…
Anybody knows another way to set a json property to an empty?

Regads.

Hi André,

Thanks for getting in touch! Yes it is indeed a bug. It looks like empty variables are now passed through as null (I’m unsure whether this was always the case), which is tripping up the replacement.

I’ve raised an issue and fixed the bug. It will be included in the next release of Octopus (3.4.12) sometime next week. If you don’t want to wait, you can download Calamari 3.4.24 and follow these instructions to use that build.

Hope that helps!

Robert W

Hi Robert.
I followed the instructions you provided and it is working now. As an aside, on previous version each variable substituted were registered in log, which is very handy…

Thanks!

André

Notice:

This issue has been closed due to inactivity. If you encounter the same or a similar issue and require help, please open a new discussion (if we asked for logs or extra details in this thread, consider including them in the new thread). If you are the creator of this thread and believe it should not be closed let us know via our support email.