Jmeter Integration with Octopus

(R Chandriker) #1

Hi All,

We are trying to integrate the JMeter test as part of the octopus release, we could not able to find any extension to call the Jmeter Test.

Can anyone suggest, how we can call the Jmeter test and publish the results?

Also how we can make the build Pass/Fail?

Many thanks in advance.

(Shawn Sesna) #3

Greetings RChandriker, thanks for reaching out :slight_smile: Until today, I’d not heard of JMeter, lol! While there doesn’t appear to be any step templates that work with this specific technology, I did find http://performancewebautoamtionother.blogspot.com/2015/12/powershell-execute-jmeter-tests-nongui.html which shows how to call it using PowerShell. You could try something like this from a Run a Script task. Let me know if this will not work for you.

(R Chandriker) #4

Hello @Shawn_Sesna,

Thanks for the update, definitely I will try to integrate using PowerShell and update you back.

Thanks,
Raju Chandriker

(Mark Bradley) #5

I’ve integrated Jmeter test into our deployment process, and execute the .jmx file from powershell on the Octopus Server. We specify the test results get passed in a .csv file in the command line arguments as well.

Once the test are done, we parse the .csv in a subsequent step, and filter out the test that failed using Powershell. If the test that fail are greater than 0, the script returns 1 and the deployment fails.

Hope this helps.

(Shawn Sesna) #6

Thanks @Mark_Bradley!

(R Chandriker) #7

Thanks @Mark_Bradley.

We are trying other approach as we are using bamboo - octopus for build and deployment.

In bamboo I will use the plugin of JMeter to trigger the test and call this build in the octopus whenever we required.

Hoping to see some positive results :):grinning:

(Shawn Sesna) #8

Thought I would check in to see if you’d made some progress?

(R Chandriker) #9

Hi @Shawn_Sesna,

Hope you are doing good :slight_smile:

Yes, we can trigger the test from octopus using PowerShell script, but the challenge here is how can we make a performance test as pass/fail automatically.

How to emulate manual analysis for performance test results to decide whether code can move to production or not ??

Could you please suggest me on this.

Thanks,
Raju Chandriker