Jira Server Integration Broken

Hi,
We’ve recently upgraded to the latest Octopus version, up from 2020.5 and found that the integration with Jira Server is broken for us in the new release.

Looking at the code changes for Jira integration, the reason seems to be that Octopus has switched to using V3 of the Jira REST API, which our server does not support. From scouring the net, it doesn’t seem like Jira Server supports V3 in general.

Reading Atlassian documentation, the API versions have the same endpoints and only differ in support for ADF, which Octopus doesn’t seem to need. Would it be possible to downgrade the API used in Octopus to V2?

Alternatively, is there a possibility of maintaining backwards compatibility (eg by using a switch) to select the version of the API that Octopus should use?

Thanks,
Bojan

Hi Bojan,

Thanks for reaching out.

I’m going to reach out to our team and get some eyes on this. In the meantime, can you please tell me which version of Jira you’re currently running?

Best,
Jeremy

Hi Jeremy,
Thanks for reaching out so quickly - Jira integration is a core feature of some of our automation scripts.

The Jira Server version we are on currently is v8.13.8. I’ve tested manually, and all attempts to use /rest/api/3/ endpoints return 404. The equivalent /rest/api/2/ endpoints work as expected.

I’ve looked at the Jira integration code, and I believe this line is the culprit. I’m not sure if v3 is used elsewhere in the codebase to access Server, but I think that just using /rest/api/2/search here would resolve the issue.

Thanks,
Bojan

Hi Bojan,

Thanks for keeping in touch and for your report! My apologies for the inconvenience this issue has caused since your upgrade. We brought this up internally and got a bug report raised to get it investigated/fixed. You can track the progress of it at the following link.

Please let us know if you have any questions or concerns moving forward.

Best regards,

Kenny

This topic was automatically closed 31 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.