JIRA Integration TFS Metadata step

Hi there,

On the homepage ( https://octopus.com/blog/metadata-and-work-items ) it was mentioned that Octopus Metadata step for AzureDevOps / TFS would be made available soon, which would enable to link JIRA tickets mentioned in commits to Releases Notes.

In May it was about 75% done. Any news on this?

Will there be limitations on which TFS versions this will run? We already have the plugin and it works fine with TFS 2018 so I do hope this update will also continue to work with TFS 2018?

Thanks a bunch,
Chris

Hi Chris,

Thanks for getting in touch! Octopus 2019.7.3 added support for Azure DevOps work items integration, and you can reference the relevant doc page here.

The only limitation on TFS is it has to be TFS2017u1 or newer, so you’ll be fine to continue using TFS 2018. :slight_smile:

I hope this helps! Let me know if you have any questions or concerns moving forward.

Best regards,

Kenny

Hi Kenny,

thanks for the reply. Sorry for not being fully clear:
My question was more regarding the TFS Octopus plugin. In the other support ticket referenced in my initial post there was an inquiry whether the “Octopus Metadata” step within the TFS Octopus plugin is ready.
The extension was last updated in February, so it seems this is not live yet.
Is there any estimation when this functionality willl be available in the TFS plugin?
https://marketplace.visualstudio.com/items?itemName=octopusdeploy.octopus-deploy-build-release-tasks

I’m asking because the JIRA integration would make sense for us only if the metadata from the commit is parsed.

Let me know if you need more info.
Best,
Chris

Hi Chris,

Not a problem at all! We’ve completed adding the Octopus Metadata step to the TFS plugin, but we’re still in the process of getting it reviewed and shipped. I don’t have a specific ETA, but it will be available soon. :slight_smile:

Best regards,

Kenny

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.