Jira Comment Breaks Build and Packages Library

Hi,

I have set up the Jira/Octopus integration and is working as expected. The issue i am having is that when i add a comment to the Jira issue the build information and packages library is then broken with this error-

The build process will then fail in the OctopusMetadata step with this error-

Octopus Server returned an error: Error converting value “A Jira comment” to type ‘Octopus.Server.Extensibility.JiraIntegration.Integration.JiraDoc’. Path ‘issues[0].fields.comment.comments[0].body’, line 1, position 1305.
Could not cast or convert from System.String to Octopus.Server.Extensibility.JiraIntegration.Integration.JiraDoc.
Error from Octopus Server (HTTP 500 InternalServerError)

Deleting the comment on the issue in Jira and everything is fine again.

Regards

Hey Antoni,

Thanks for reaching out and welcome to the forums!

This is actually a known issue: https://github.com/OctopusDeploy/JiraIntegration/issues/56

Unfortunately, currently, the workaround is to disable Jira Integration.

Are you able to subscribe to that issue and disable Jira in the meantime?

I’m sorry I don’t have better news for you. Please let me know if you have any questions or concerns.

Best,
Jeremy

Sure Jeremy, thanks for the reply. Should have probably read the know issues first!

Hey Antoni,

You’re very welcome. No worries! Happy to help.

Please let me know if you have any other questions. If not, I hope you have a great weekend.

Best,
Jeremy

This topic was automatically closed 31 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.