Jenkins Plugin | Get artifacts

Hi!

How to get artifacts from Octopus to Jenkins job result?

Hey varaksinsy,

Thanks for reaching out to Octopus!

Just so I can fully understand what you’re trying to achieve I just have a couple of questions.

1. Are you referring to packages in Octopus or artifacts generated during a deployment?

2. Could you just clarify Jenkin’s job result and how those artifacts would be appended to it?

Thanks,

Adam

Hi, Adam!

Answers to your questions:

1. I’m reffering to artifacts generated during a deployment (task log, for example).
  2. Artifacts should be append like as:

Thanks

Hey,

Thanks for the additional context.

There’s a couple of ways we could approach this;

1. When using the Octopus Jenkins integration plugin, Jenkins pipeline will log and record the same details that you get in the Octopus task log. You could then use the output from the Jenkins pipeline as a build artifact.

2. If you wanted to get the task log from Octopus you have two options you can either just have a link to the deployment log to save time on generating and saving a file or you could call the Octopus rest API and download the RAW task log for a specific deployment in your pipeline and save that as a build artifact.

Let me know if either of the options works and I’ll show you how to get this up working from one of my samples.

Thanks

This topic was automatically closed 31 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.