Jenkins plugin and support for JCasC

Hello there,

My and my team recently interested in your plugin for Jenkins (some month ago), but We still waiting for one feature, that give us (with pipeline support) some benefits.

1. What?
    Jenkins plugin should be able to wite configuration as a code (JCasC). Now, after plugin installation We can only configure tools installation, without global configuration. You can do this only manually.
    GitHub - jenkinsci/configuration-as-code-plugin: Jenkins Configuration as Code Plugin

2. Why?
    To automate Jenkins setup. With this feature, We will able to configure several Jenkins instances as once and perform quick changes. Right now, We use slaves with octopus CLI sidecar container from your docker registry and perform actions on octopus by execute script in Jenkins. But We want to integrate our CIs to use Build Information feature.

Also I prepared a proposition of changes: Added JCasC support for Octopus global configuration by xpietrov · Pull Request #106 · OctopusDeploy/octopus-jenkins-plugin · GitHub.
Could you give us some feedback or maybe you have some plans for that feature ?

Best regards
Piotr

Hey Piotr,

Thanks for all of the information.

I’m going to pass this along to our integrations team and either they or I will get back with any updates as necessary.

Please feel free to reach out in the meantime.

Best,
Jeremy

Hey Piotr,

I just got done speaking with our integrations team and they wanted me to let you know they’re going to review your PR and provide feedback.

Please let us know if you have any other questions or concerns until then.

If we don’t speak soon, I hope you have a great rest of your week.

Best,
Jeremy

1 Like

Hey @jeremy.miller

Thanks again for your support :slight_smile:.
I will wait for your feedback. As you mentioned, I will try to have nice week.

Best,
Piotr

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 31 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.