Jenkins integration with Octopus

HI
I have been trying to automate cicd with jenkins and when i was trying to push packages to Octopus im getting the following error

C:\Jenkins_Examroom\workspace\Examroom-octopus>exit 0
FATAL: Failed to push the packages: java.lang.NullPointerException
java.lang.NullPointerException
at hudson.plugins.octopusdeploy.AbstractOctopusDeployRecorderBuildStep.getOctopusToolPath(AbstractOctopusDeployRecorderBuildStep.java:225)
at hudson.plugins.octopusdeploy.AbstractOctopusDeployRecorderBuildStep.launchOcto(AbstractOctopusDeployRecorderBuildStep.java:283)
at hudson.plugins.octopusdeploy.OctopusDeployPushRecorder.perform(OctopusDeployPushRecorder.java:140)
at jenkins.tasks.SimpleBuildStep.perform(SimpleBuildStep.java:123)
at hudson.tasks.BuildStepCompatibilityLayer.perform(BuildStepCompatibilityLayer.java:80)
at hudson.tasks.BuildStepMonitor$1.perform(BuildStepMonitor.java:20)
at hudson.model.AbstractBuild$AbstractBuildExecution.perform(AbstractBuild.java:803)
at hudson.model.Build$BuildExecution.build(Build.java:197)
at hudson.model.Build$BuildExecution.doRun(Build.java:163)
at hudson.model.AbstractBuild$AbstractBuildExecution.run(AbstractBuild.java:513)
at hudson.model.Run.execute(Run.java:1906)
at hudson.model.FreeStyleBuild.run(FreeStyleBuild.java:43)
at hudson.model.ResourceController.execute(ResourceController.java:97)
at hudson.model.Executor.run(Executor.java:429)

Build step ‘Octopus Deploy: Push packages’ changed build result to FAILURE
INFO: Not pushing build information due to job being in FAILED state.
INFO: Not creating a release due to job being in FAILED state.
INFO: Not deploying due to job being in FAILED state.
Finished: FAILURE

Hi @saikiranu,

Thanks for reaching out and sorry to see you’re running into an error.

The error looks like it is attempting to call the Octopus Deploy CLI tool. Could you double-check the path in your settings under Dashboard > Manage Jenkins > Global Tool Configuration:

I would also take a look under Dashboard > Manage Jenkins > Configuration and verify the Octopus Server is the expected URL and API key:

Please let me know if this helps.

Regards,
Garrett

Hi @garrett.dass ,
Thanks for your reply and apologies for the late reply.

I have configures both Global tool configuration and configuration in Jenkins-- manage Jenkins dashboard but i guess im missing something can u please help me in fixing the error and complete the automation so that i can implement the same for all the projects and upgrade to Pro version of octopus…

Hi @saikiranu,

Sorry to see you’re still running into issues.

If Jenkins cannot see the CLI tool it might be that your service user does not have permission to access the C:\OctopusTools path. You can take a look at the user associated with the Jenkins service here:

You may have seen it already but, it might be helpful to walk through this Guide as I don’t want to miss any steps that you might need.

Please let me know if that helps you get unstuck!

Regards,
Garrett