Issue with Package.NuGetPackageVersion variable

Hi,

We’ve recently upgraded our local Octopus instance to version 2018.5.1, we’ve seen that this has introduced a few issues with our deployment process.

Throughout our process we pass the nuget package version from one of the steps into a number of custom scripts using the following variable: Octopus.Action[Deploy Site].Package.NuGetPackageVersion

We’ve noticed that this now has an empty space appended after the version number wherever it’s used - i.e. what should be 2.0.1 will become 2.0.1\s. To combat this we are trimming the input in some of our custom scripts, however we’ve also noticed that it breaks when trying to run some of the post deployment actions using the Deploy to IIS step template.

Has this been noted as being an issue? Is there anything that can be done to fix it properly?

Thanks for the help
James

Hi James,

Thanks for getting in touch! I’m terribly sorry to hear you’re hitting this unexpected and annoying behavior after the upgrade. Unfortunately I haven’t been able to reproduce the issue where the package version variable is adding the \s at the end and I don’t see any reports of this issue currently. How are you calling this variable specifically in your case? Would you be able to provide a copy of your verbose deployment logs with debugging variables enabled? The following doc page outlines how you can produce and export this log.

Hopefully this additional information can help me figure out the cause of this issue. :slight_smile:

I look forward to hearing back!

Kind regards,

Kenny

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.