Is there an Octopus system vairable that contains a list of names of machines in an Environment?

Hi,

We have our Octopus projects set up with “Send pre-deployment email” and “Send post-deployment email” steps that basically just send an email to all our dev and QA folks so that they know when a deployment is happening and when its finished.

Part of the email lists the machines that are being deployed to (so that everyone knows which machines to avoid using whilst the deployment is happening) but at the moment I’ve had to hard code the machine names in the email body text. However what I’d really like to do is be able to use a variable that contains the names of the machines that are in the environment that is being deployed to so that the machine names don’t have to be hard-coded. The main reason for doing this is so that I can copy and paste the email body text between projects and not have to change anything at all in the text.

Is there an Octopus system variable that I could use for this? I’ve had a look at the system variables and I can’t see anything that what do this, but just wondering if I’ve missed it somewhere.

If there isn’t a system variable, is there any other way that I could do this?

Any help with this would be much appreciated.

Thanks!
Dave

Found a post from the other day that partially answers my question, although I haven’t managed to get it to work yet :frowning:

Hi Dave,

Thanks for reaching out! I assigned this ticket to myself to answer it myself, but it seems one of my teammates (Mark) already replied to you about this same thing o another thread: http://help.octopusdeploy.com/discussions/questions/11780#comment_42638460

Regards,
Dalmiro