Is there a way to validate the bindings before deploying to the environment

Quick questions here…

Is there a way to validate the bindings before deploying to the environment, as we have almost 15 bindings for one of the prod servers and want to validate those bindings before I deploy to prod server.

did some search couldn’t find anything.

thanks for your help in advance.

Hi,

Thanks for getting in touch! I will need to get a little more information here before I can give you a satisfactory answer. :slight_smile:

Would you be able to clarify which bindings you would like to validate? Also, in what way would you like to validate them? Against the server, or validate that Octopus has transformed your variables with correct values? etc.

Let me know if there is any other information that you think may help here also.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Best regards,
Daniel

Hi Daniel

Thanks for responding, would like to validate the IIS bindings before I deploy it Production environment. as we have almost 15 bindings for our production servers and would like to validate that Octopus has transformed my variables to correct values for the Prod environment.

Thanks

Hi,

Thanks for getting back. There is no option out of the box in Octopus to validate the variables we transform. Though it is entirely possible that you could write something in your deployment to check this. As it is, our variable transformation process is quite reliable and not something we hear people having issues with. If it is for audit purposes, you could have a script write out the evaluated variables. If you want to not deploy if a variable has not evaluated for any reason, you could run something before the deployment is finished to check each that each variable, once substituted is == to the value required.

Let me know what you think.

Best regards,

Daniel