Is there a way to publish created artifacts to the next step?

I am creating a config file on one tentacle on the first step and want it to be used in continuing steps.
Is there a way to deploy the artifact created with New-OctopusArtifact command to the new step without using the API. Only with the help of Script Console.

Hi Mr Wheelkers

Thanks for getting in touch!

That’s not scenario we really support, can you explain a bit more about what / why you’re trying to do ?

Damian

Hi Damian,
There is a config file that is prepared during one of the initial deploy steps. It is about 30-40 megs in size. I was wondering if there is a possibility to transfer the file from one step to all the following steps (considering they may happen on different tentacles). The first idea was to create an artifact. Now I see it is used here for different purposes. I am also restricted from using direct calls to Octopus API.

Maybe you can advise me another way I can transfer files from one step to another?

Thanks.

Hi Mr,

Thanks for the reply.

A 30 mb config file! Wow, what sort of app is that ?
I’m assuming is resource intensive so you don’t want to re-do it each time ?

Do you have some fileshare you could copy it to / from ? Or is it something you could generate as a build artifact and package it ?

I don’t have any “easy” ideas for you on this one, it’s not something we get asked a lot.

Also, why do you have a restriction on the API ?

Damian