Is there a way to check the Pre-release packages box by default?

Our environment is QA/Test and almost all the packages are Pre-release so having the box checked by default would be helpful. Is there a way to do this? I couldn’t find a setting.

Hey @bfate,

Welcome to the Octopus Forums and good question on checking the Pre-release button by default.

This isn’t something you can change easily as it’s part of the main Octopus Code, and that would need changing to hard code a ‘true’ statement for that box.

I am not sure how helpful this would be, but you could make a package version rule in the channel that only allows pre-release packages; this would only be helpful if you just wanted pre-release packages though. Unfortunately, you would still need to check the box to see them; this would just block versions you don’t want.

So, in short, the answer unfortunately, is there isn’t an easy way to have that box ticked by default. I am sorry this is not the news you wanted to hear, but it is always worth asking the question.

Let me know if you need help with anything else or if there are any follow-up questions you have regarding this.

Kind Regards,

Clare

This topic was automatically closed 31 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.