Is there a maximum time limit a task/step can run for?

Just curious, but is there a timeout period for tasks or steps? I’ll be using Octopus to deploy to a site that has an extremely slow internet connection, and I’m wondering if I need to make any considerations for that site to prevent timeouts. If a step or the whole task runs for more than, say, an hour will it automatically cancel itself?

Thanks! And sorry if this is the wrong place - the form will only let me select Support.

Hi Brian,

Thanks for getting in touch! This is the perfect place to ask your question. :slight_smile:

You shouldn’t have to make any consideration to prevent timeouts on running steps. If you’re wanting to define a custom timeout period, I believe the only way to do so is via PowerShell. The following walkthrough may be helpful regarding this.

There’s also a workaround suggested on this UserVoice idea that may be of interest.

I hope this helps! Let me know how you go or if you have any further questions moving forward.

Best regards,

Kenny

Thanks so much Kenny! Looking for it to not timeout on me, so sounds like I’m already all set!

Thanks again!

Best,

-BT

Hi Brian,

You’re very welcome! Please don’t hesitate to reach out if you have any questions or concerns in the future. :slight_smile:

Best regards,

Kenny

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.