Is Show when Updates available live?

Hi Paul,

Just wondering whether the features in https://trello.com/c/wBrlslsC are live in the V1 RC build 1.0.13.13?

It’s just I’ve not seen anything following the release of 1.0.13.1201

Bruce

Hi Bruce,

It is but seems to have a problem, I’ll fix it tonight.

Paul

Sent: 21/06/2012 13:47
To: Paul Stovell
Subject: Is Show when Updates available live? [Questions]

HI Paul,

Retested this morning with the 1202 release and it correctly told me about the 1204 release

Bruce

Hi Paul,

there still seems to be an issue with this,

I’ve got a 13.1206 install that didn’t tell me about 1209, but is correctly telling me that 14.1212 is available

I’ve also got a 13.1209 install, but that isn’t telling me about 14.1212

Bruce

Thanks Bruce, I’ll look into this. Are there any errors in the event log on the Octopus server?

Paul

Hi Paul,

Getting this,

Log Name: Application
Source: Octopus
Date: 03/07/2012 14:16:07
Event ID: 0
Task Category: None
Level: Error
Keywords: Classic
User: N/A
Computer: 02
Description:
The description for Event ID 0 from source Octopus cannot be found. Either the component that raises this event is not installed on your local computer or the installation is corrupted. You can install or repair the component on the local computer.

If the event originated on another computer, the display information had to be saved with the event.

The following information was included with the event:

2012-07-03 14:16:07,155 [17] ERROR Octopus [(null)] - Error when running scheduled task: CheckForOctopusUpgrades
System.InvalidOperationException: The maximum number of requests (30) allowed for this session has been reached.
Raven limits the number of remote calls that a session is allowed to make as an early warning system. Sessions are expected to be short lived, and
Raven provides facilities like Load(string[] keys) to load multiple documents at once and batch saves (call SaveChanges() only once).
You can increase the limit by setting DocumentConvention.MaxNumberOfRequestsPerSession or MaxNumberOfRequestsPerSession, but it is
advisable that you’ll look into reducing the number of remote calls first, since that will speed up your application significantly and result in a
more responsive application.

at Raven.Client.Document.InMemoryDocumentSessionOperations.IncrementRequestCount() in c:\Builds\RavenDB-Stable\Raven.Client.Lightweight\Document\InMemoryDocumentSessionOperations.cs:line 292
at Raven.Client.Document.AbstractDocumentQuery2.InitSync() in c:\Builds\RavenDB-Stable\Raven.Client.Lightweight\Document\AbstractDocumentQuery.cs:line 418 at Raven.Client.Document.AbstractDocumentQuery2.get_QueryResult() in c:\Builds\RavenDB-Stable\Raven.Client.Lightweight\Document\AbstractDocumentQuery.cs:line 408
at Raven.Client.Linq.RavenQueryProviderProcessor1.ExecuteQuery[TProjection]() in c:\Builds\RavenDB-Stable\Raven.Client.Lightweight\Linq\RavenQueryProviderProcessor.cs:line 1206 at Raven.Client.Linq.RavenQueryProviderProcessor1.Execute(Expression expression) in c:\Builds\RavenDB-Stable\Raven.Client.Lightweight\Linq\RavenQueryProviderProcessor.cs:line 1187
at Raven.Client.Linq.RavenQueryProvider1.Execute(Expression expression) in c:\Builds\RavenDB-Stable\Raven.Client.Lightweight\Linq\RavenQueryProvider.cs:line 133 at Raven.Client.Linq.RavenQueryProvider1.System.Linq.IQueryProvider.Execute(Expression expression) in c:\Builds\RavenDB-Stable\Raven.Client.Lightweight\Linq\RavenQueryProvider.cs:line 190
at Raven.Client.Linq.RavenQueryInspector1.GetEnumerator() in c:\Builds\RavenDB-Stable\Raven.Client.Lightweight\Linq\RavenQueryInspector.cs:line 97 at System.Collections.Generic.List1…ctor(IEnumerable1 collection) at System.Linq.Enumerable.ToList[TSource](IEnumerable1 source)
at Octopus.Server.Schedules.CheckForOctopusUpgrades.BuildRequestUri(UpgradeAvailability avalability) in c:\BuildAgent\work\7bf5272a44079f5\source\Octopus.Server\Schedules\CheckForOctopusUpgrades.cs:line 83
at Octopus.Server.Schedules.CheckForOctopusUpgrades.CheckForUpdates() in c:\BuildAgent\work\7bf5272a44079f5\source\Octopus.Server\Schedules\CheckForOctopusUpgrades.cs:line 58
at Octopus.Server.Schedules.Scheduler.RunTask(IRunOnASchedule task) in c:\BuildAgent\work\7bf5272a44079f5\source\Octopus.Server\Schedules\Scheduler.cs:line 84

the message resource is present but the message is not found in the string/message table

Event Xml:

0x80000000000000

Application

2012-07-03 14:16:07,155 [17] ERROR Octopus [(null)] - Error when running scheduled task: CheckForOctopusUpgrades
System.InvalidOperationException: The maximum number of requests (30) allowed for this session has been reached.
Raven limits the number of remote calls that a session is allowed to make as an early warning system. Sessions are expected to be short lived, and
Raven provides facilities like Load(string[] keys) to load multiple documents at once and batch saves (call SaveChanges() only once).
You can increase the limit by setting DocumentConvention.MaxNumberOfRequestsPerSession or MaxNumberOfRequestsPerSession, but it is
advisable that you’ll look into reducing the number of remote calls first, since that will speed up your application significantly and result in a
more responsive application.

at Raven.Client.Document.InMemoryDocumentSessionOperations.IncrementRequestCount() in c:\Builds\RavenDB-Stable\Raven.Client.Lightweight\Document\InMemoryDocumentSessionOperations.cs:line 292
at Raven.Client.Document.AbstractDocumentQuery2.InitSync() in c:\Builds\RavenDB-Stable\Raven.Client.Lightweight\Document\AbstractDocumentQuery.cs:line 418 at Raven.Client.Document.AbstractDocumentQuery2.get_QueryResult() in c:\Builds\RavenDB-Stable\Raven.Client.Lightweight\Document\AbstractDocumentQuery.cs:line 408
at Raven.Client.Linq.RavenQueryProviderProcessor1.ExecuteQuery[TProjection]() in c:\Builds\RavenDB-Stable\Raven.Client.Lightweight\Linq\RavenQueryProviderProcessor.cs:line 1206 at Raven.Client.Linq.RavenQueryProviderProcessor1.Execute(Expression expression) in c:\Builds\RavenDB-Stable\Raven.Client.Lightweight\Linq\RavenQueryProviderProcessor.cs:line 1187
at Raven.Client.Linq.RavenQueryProvider1.Execute(Expression expression) in c:\Builds\RavenDB-Stable\Raven.Client.Lightweight\Linq\RavenQueryProvider.cs:line 133 at Raven.Client.Linq.RavenQueryProvider1.System.Linq.IQueryProvider.Execute(Expression expression) in c:\Builds\RavenDB-Stable\Raven.Client.Lightweight\Linq\RavenQueryProvider.cs:line 190
at Raven.Client.Linq.RavenQueryInspector1.GetEnumerator() in c:\Builds\RavenDB-Stable\Raven.Client.Lightweight\Linq\RavenQueryInspector.cs:line 97 at System.Collections.Generic.List1…ctor(IEnumerable1 collection) at System.Linq.Enumerable.ToList[TSource](IEnumerable1 source)
at Octopus.Server.Schedules.CheckForOctopusUpgrades.BuildRequestUri(UpgradeAvailability avalability) in c:\BuildAgent\work\7bf5272a44079f5\source\Octopus.Server\Schedules\CheckForOctopusUpgrades.cs:line 83
at Octopus.Server.Schedules.CheckForOctopusUpgrades.CheckForUpdates() in c:\BuildAgent\work\7bf5272a44079f5\source\Octopus.Server\Schedules\CheckForOctopusUpgrades.cs:line 58
at Octopus.Server.Schedules.Scheduler.RunTask(IRunOnASchedule task) in c:\BuildAgent\work\7bf5272a44079f5\source\Octopus.Server\Schedules\Scheduler.cs:line 84

Ahh, thank you Bruce. I seem to have messed up my lifetime scopes in Autofac. I’ll fix it and release it tonight.

Paul

Hi Paul,

No problems, are you still expecting to close Beta today?

Bruce

Hi Bruce,

I am. Depending on how I go the migration tool may not be ready, but I’ll release regardless.

Paul

Hi Bruce,

Slight delay as I work out some final licensing issues, hopefully tonight.

Paul