Integration with TFS is broken

Hi, I am trying to install the octopus tfs extension into tfs 2017.2. I keep getting this message:

The task.json file was not found in contribution tasks/CreateOctopusRelease.

I have also tried to install via powershell the manual (not recommended) path, and its still failing. I get
error: Error: Failed to find api location for area: Location id: e81700f7-3be2-46de-8624-2eb35882fcaa

Any hints or tips you can give me would be appreciated. I can install other pacakges and deploy the pacakges via nuget into our Octopus instance fine.

Steve Ritter

Hi Steven, thanks for reaching out. I’m sorry you have run into this issue.

I have recreated the error locally, so I’ll raise an issue and will work with the engineering team to resolve the problem. I’ll notify you when a new version is available.

Regards
Matt C

Hi Steven,

I could replicate the error you reported in TFS 2017 Update 1, but the installation works in later versions of TFS. Can you confirm that you are running TFS 2017 Update 2 or above, and if not updating to TFS 2017 Update 3 should resolve the issue for you.

Regards
Matt C

Hi Matt, thanks for the fast response. It was definately on three, so I’ve uninstalled, reinstalled tfs today, and re-ran the upgrade to 3, and now its working fine.

Appreciate the help.

Steve

Hi Steven, I’m glad to hear it is working. Thanks for letting me know.

Regards
Matt C

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.