Insufficient system resources Error on Email Step

Hi Octopus,

We’ve now received the below error twice in the last week. The deployments succeed upon re-deployment, but I wanted to see if this has been seen before. For context, this project deploys resources to Kubernetes, but the error occurred at “Step 2: Email Security - Container Promoted to QA”. Nothing unusual about our email step from what I can see.

The step failed: Activity Email Security - Container Promoted to QA on the Octopus Server failed with error '4.3.1 Insufficient system resources (UsedDiskSpace[E:\Exchange Server\TransportRoles\data\Queue])'.

This location is not on the Octopus server from what I can see (nor does our server have space issues).

Thanks,
Alex

Hi Alex,

Thanks for reaching out.

That error definitely points to a disk space issue, but maybe it’s a red herring. Sorry for the newbie question, but how much space does the target have left at the time of running the deployment?

Please let me know.

Best,
Jeremy

We have apx 20 GB free on C drive and 31 GB free on E drive (where Octopus tentacle is installed).

I’m not sure if UsedDiskSpace[E:\Exchange Server\TransportRoles\data\Queue] is hidden, but I don’t see that location on our E Drive.

Hey Alex,

Do you have permissions to take a look at the space on the Exchange Server?

Please let me know.

Thanks,
Jeremy

By exchange server, do you mean our main Octopus Deploy server? That is the screenshot I provided.

Hi Alex,

Sorry about the confusion. I meant the server that’s responsible for SMTP for Octopus. Does that route to an internal server that you have access to where you can check the disk space? The reason I ask is, that error might be sent back through from the server handling the email, not the actual Octopus Server itself.

Let me know if that helps. I’m going to ask some colleagues for some extra eyes on this one in the meantime.

Thanks,

I’m consulting with our Messaging team on the SMTP server. I should have more info tomorrow.

This topic was automatically closed 31 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.