Installation question

Failed to install Octopus, can anyone may guide me as per below captured log?

Saving instance: OctopusServer
Setting home directory to: C:\Octopus
Setting database connection string to: data source=JEFFREY_TAM;initial catalog=dbo;integrated security=True;user id=admin;password=********
========== SQL Database Connection Details ========
SQL Server: JEFFREY_TAM
SQL Database: dbo
Authentication Type: Windows Integrated Security
User: HIPHING\YFT01

===================================================
Testing connection to the ‘master’ database…
Successfully connected to ‘master’ database!
Creating database ‘dbo’ on the SQL Server at ‘JEFFREY_TAM’
Created database dbo in JEFFREY_TAM
Database successfully created. Testing we can connect to it successfully…
Successfully connected to the newly created database.
Processing user account ‘HIPHING\YFT01’…
Creating server principal ‘HIPHING\YFT01’ as a new login from the Windows account with the same name…
Error: ===============================================================================
Error: SQL Error 139 - Cannot assign a default value to a local variable.
Error: Must declare the scalar variable “@sql”.
Error: System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException
Error: -------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Error: Terminating process with exit code 100
Error: Full error details are available in the log files at:
Error: C:\Octopus\Logs
Error: C:\Users\yft01\AppData\Local\Octopus\Logs
Error: If you need help, please send these log files to https://octopus.com/support
Error: -------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Error:
Error: The previous command returned a non-zero exit code of: 100
Error: The command that failed was: “C:\Program Files\Octopus Deploy\Octopus\Octopus.Server.exe” database --instance “OctopusServer” --connectionString “Data Source=JEFFREY_TAM;Initial Catalog=dbo;Integrated Security=True;User ID=admin;Password=*****” --create --grant “HIPHING\YFT01”
Deleted instance: OctopusServer

Hi Jeffrey,

Thanks for getting in touch!

Are you able to let me know which version of Octopus you are installing? I’ve had a quick look and it appears the error that you are seeing is specific to SQL Server 2005 and earlier, are you able to confirm which version of SQL Server (and Windows Server) you are using for this installation? We currently only support SQL Server 2008 and newer, so that could be the cause of the issue.

I also notice that you are not using the standard system account to connect to the database. Can you double check the required permissions on that account as per our install documentation?

Thanks Jeffrey, I look forward to hearing from you shortly,

Regards,
Alex

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.