Install of 64 bit octopus server crashes with unhandled error

Hi,

I’ve run the x64 latest installer on a vanilla Windows Server 2012 R2 (with GUI) over RDP. Installs ok and then crashes straightaway on the configuration bit (I think) with

System.ComponentModel.Win32Exception (0x80004005): The operation was canceled by the user
at System.Diagnostics.Process.StartWithShellExecuteEx(ProcessStartInfo startInfo)
at Octopus.Tools.App.OnStartup(StartupEventArgs e) in y:\work\refs\heads\master\source\Octopus.Tools\App.xaml.cs:line 33
at System.Windows.Application.<.ctor>b__1(Object unused)
at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.InternalRealCall(Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs)
at MS.Internal.Threading.ExceptionFilterHelper.TryCatchWhen(Object source, Delegate method, Object args, Int32 numArgs, Delegate catchHandler)

Good start :stuck_out_tongue:

… quick update…

however if I then run the octopus manager from the startup menu it runs fine, after asking for admin access.

Presumably the other other is ACS restrictions… so maybe this can be caught and a warning put up instead?

Hi Graham,

Thanks for reporting this, and sorry you had such a bad start.
Hopefully everything after went slightly smoother.
I have created an Issue in Github to see if we can replicate this.
We might have to contact you to ask a few more details about the server configuration or your settings

Thanks again!
Vanessa