Install 32bit Tentacle on 2019 64bit Machine

Hello,

We installed 64 bit tentacle on windows 2019 and when did code deployment we are seeing following info.

When a script or process writes to error out on Windows 2019 (1809) with .NET 4.7.2 , PowerShell may terminate it immediately without allowing further code execution. This also causes only part of the error output to be shown… Install .NET 4.8 or later to resolve this problem. More information.

In the link there are some workarounds and installing .net 4.8 is not an option for us for now. I tried to install 32 bit tentacle but throwing error “this installer is only supported on 32-bit”. Are there any solution or other workarounds? We are running tentacle version 3.13.7 and server version 2019.12.4

Thanks

Hi @ajaybre,

Unfortunately, there is no workaround to install the 32bit version on a 64bit OS. The .NET 4.8 version warning should still allow your deployments to continue until you’re in a place where you can update it.

Is it stopping your deployments or you are just worried about the warning?

If you don’t mind me asking, why do you want to use the 32bit version instead of the 64 bit version?

Thanks,
Jeremy

Hi Jeremy,

Thanks for the reply. Only reason we want to use 32 bit is as a workaround for the warning. It’s just precautionary action, right now we don’t have any issues with deployments.

Thanks,
Ajay

Hi Ajay,

You’re welcome, thanks for the information. I’m sorry I don’t have better news for you. Everything should still work, it could just possibly make some errors in your deployments harder to diagnose if they crop up. Please feel free to reach out with any other questions or concerns.

Thanks,
Jeremy

This topic was automatically closed 31 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.