Informatica Code Deployment through OctopusDeploy 2.6.5

Hello,

We have been using OctopusDeploy 2.6.5 to deploy .NET code components, after creating the deployment package ‘.nug’.

From near future we would like to include INFORMATICA MAPPINGS / SESSIONS / WORKFLOWS deployment through OctopusDeploy.

Could you please help us get clarification on -
i) Whether or not OctopusDeploy 2.6.5 supports Informatica Code Deployment
ii) If Yes, could you please direct us to the deployment procedure documentation, that probably contains the information right from packing the Informatica code at the client till deployment at the server, through OctopusDeploy.

Many Thanks,
Lakshman

Hi Lakshman,

Thanks for getting in touch!

The short answer is I don’t know whether it can be deployed with Octopus Deploy. Informatica isn’t something we’ve had any exposure to I’m afraid. Consequently we don’t have any documentation relating to it.

However, any software can be deployed by Octopus Deploy, provided it can be packaged into a Nuget package that contains everything needed for a particular release, and you’re deploying to a supported deployment target.

Any collection of files can be packaged into a Nuget package (.nupkg). You can read the Nuget.org documentation for more information on how to do this.

Using Octopus, you can drop the contents onto a target machine, and then run PowerShell, ScriptCS, or Bash scripts to perform whatever tasks you need on the target server. If you need third party applications to do the deployment or configuration, they can be called from these scripts if they’re installed into a known location on the target machine.

I’m sorry I can’t be of any more help.

Good luck, and if you have success, we’d love to hear about it!

Kind Regards,
Damo