Incorrect varibale fails deployment, but can be checked upfront

I have a deployment step called “DoThing”.
DoThing needs a variable called “StrongVariable”.
“StrongVariable” has a value for scope environment “Production” but does not have value for scope environment “Acceptance”.
The deployment to “Acceptance” can be started, but fails at the step “DoThing”
This can be automatically checked upfront and stops the deployment

Hi @Geert_Massa,

Thanks for getting in touch! I may need you to provide some more information about the problem you are encountering here. It was a bit unclear from your initial post.

However, it sounds like you want Octopus to identify that no value is set for StrongVariable and stop the deployment from occurring. Is this correct?

If so, you can achieve this by using a Manual Intervention step at the start of your project. You are able to set a Run Condition Variable on this intervention step to check if there is a value for StrongVariable. If the value is not set, the deployment will paused until the intervention is acknowledged. You can then cancel the deployment at this point.

You can use the following variable in the Manual Intervention run condition variable to pause the deployment if there is no value set for StrongVariable

#{if SensitiveValue == ""}True#{/if}

Let me know if this helps. If this is not what you are trying to achieve, you will need to provide some more information about what you need here.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Best regards,
Daniel

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.