Inconsistent failures java.io.FileNotFoundException

Hi All,

We are getting inconsistent failures when promoting builds through our environments. It is the same
root error every time - java.io.FileNotFoundException, but we have been able to work around this by simply re-deploying the same build to the same environment.
Additionally, where a build might fail on a development deployment for example, it most likely won’t fail when going through Test, Acc and Production, and again even if it does fail a redeploy will complete the deployment with no errors.

While it’s not impacting us we are getting pressure from our development teams to address the issue, in case its a red flag to a larger fault we cannot currently see.

Expanded, the error reads like this :

java.io.FileNotFoundException: filename.bar (Access is denied.)

or:

java.io.FileNotFoundException: filename.bar (The system cannot find the file specified.)

Any tips or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Hi Mitchell,

Thanks for getting in touch! I’m sorry to hear you’re hitting this unexpected and strange issue. We’d like to dig deeper into this behavior to hopefully spot the cause. Can you send us through copies of your task logs, one from a successful deployment and the other from a failed deployment?

Additionally, can you send us through your deployment process JSON from this project? You can download this from your project’s process tab, under the overflow menu shown below.

Feel free to message me privately or email us at support@octopus.com if you’d prefer keeping this info private. :slight_smile:

I look forward to hearing back and getting to the bottom of this one!

Best regards,

Kenny

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.