Include the artifacts in packages

I am unable to include the artifacts in my packages. I am packing a service fabric app. What should I use to accomplish this task ?

Example
Copying d:\a\1\s\Domains\Core\core\ApplicationParameters\Integration.xml to d:\a\1\a\core\artifacts\ApplicationParameters\Integration.xml

Packing
d:\a\1\a\core\app

xxx.PNG

When I extract the package it is just empty

In the documentation It says

Service Fabric solution/project files

The Package target that is part of a Service Fabric application project is designed to produce a package folder containing the ApplicationManifest.xml file, plus a folder for each service. The content of this folder however is not enough to actually deploy a Service Fabric application. In order to perform a deployment, a PublishProfile and its corresponding ApplicationParameters file are required.

When deploying straight from Visual Studio, the profile and parameters files are referenced from the source code, but when deploying through Octopus, they must be included in the NuGet/Zip package so they are available at deployment time.

So I am unable to include them in the package using VSTS.

As I was not sure I have also asked the question on stackoverflow as this could be also solved using the VSTS build.

I am confused about how to handle this publish profiles and parameter files.

Hi,

Thanks for getting in touch.

We’d recommend making sure you understand the different options of Service Fabric packaging first (eg. see the “Build step” vs “Custom build targets” sections of the Service Fabric Packaging documentation) before trying to get any VSTS integration happening.

For example, locally on your dev-machine (not in VSTS), make sure you can create a Service Fabric package from the guide above and confirm the final package structure looks like the “Final Package Structure” section of the documentation, with your ApplicationParameters, PublishProfiles, service folders and ApplicationManifest.xml file.

Once you’ve successfully done that, you can then pack that folder with our octo.exe tool into a zip package that can be pushed to the Octopus package feed.

So once you know how to do this locally with octo.exe, you can then decide how best to integrate this process into your build tool (VSTS).

Cheers
Mark

Thanks.
“Once you’ve successfully done that” part was critical… (: