Import project variables from excel of flat file

Is there any way to import into project the set of variables,values and environments form excepl,csv or any form of json or flat file?

Hi Irina,

Thanks for getting in touch! There’s no built-in mechanism for importing variables from excel, csv or JSON files. This functionality would need to be scripted via the API. I’ve had a look for some example scripts that I hope will be helpful!

Additionally, there’s a new UserVoice item suggesting the ability to import variables from a JSON file. Feel free to give that some more attention with a vote/comment. :slight_smile:
https://octopusdeploy.uservoice.com/forums/170787-general/suggestions/20504002-import-variables-from-json

I hope this helps! Don’t hesitate to reach out if you have any further questions.

Best regards,

Kenny

Hi, this is a good question. If you want to import project variables from excel of flat file then you should installed The JIRA Importers plugin. It allows you to import your data from a comma-separated value (CSV) file . As you know that CSV files are text files and it can export its data in a structured/tabulated format, for example Microsoft Excel, databases, etc. I am very glad if my suggestion will helpful to you.