Import issues

Hey, I have an issue with importing projects into a fresh instance.

Found unmapped Ids in document 'Variables ' (Octopus.Core.Model.Variables.ProjectVariables): "Id": "Environments-419-D4C63A85E7894C5D8C20D9297FEA1A43", "Id": "Environments-420-D4C63A85E7894C5D8C20D9297FEA1A43",. Reference path: Project 'SharedServices.ENS' => Release '1.6.20.1'

I’ve opened up the zip with the json files and removed any references to those two IDs, rezipped the folder and tried the import again and now faced with

The version of the import package (1.0.0) is not supported, the current version is 2.0.0 Octopus.ImportExport.Import.Importer+BentoPackageTooOldException at Octopus.ImportExport.Import.Importer.Import(ImportTaskArguments taskArguments, ITaskLog taskLog, CancellationToken cancellationToken) in IImporter.cs:line 77 at Octopus.Server.Orchestration.ServerTasks.ImportExport.ImportTaskController.Execute(CancellationToken cancellationToken) in ImportTaskController.cs:line 26 at Octopus.Server.Orchestration.ServerTasks.RunningTask.<>c__DisplayClass34_0.<WorkerTask in RunningTask.cs:line 175 at Octopus.Core.Infrastructure.UnitsOfWork.UnitOfWorkExtensionMethods.Do(IUnitOfWork unitOfWork, Func`1 action, CancellationToken cancellationToken, String name) in UnitOfWorkExtensionMethods.cs:line 93 at Octopus.Core.Infrastructure.UnitsOfWork.UnitOfWorkExtensionMethods.Do(IUnitOfWork unitOfWork, Func`1 action, CancellationToken cancellationToken, String name) in UnitOfWorkExtensionMethods.cs:line 93 at Octopus.Server.Orchestration.ServerTasks.RunningTask.WorkerTask(CancellationToken cancellationToken) in RunningTask.cs:line 208

Any advice? happy to drop the exported .zip file somewhere if that helps.

Cheers

Hi @apolune,

Thanks for getting in touch! It looks like the project in your export contains some releases which reference environment IDs that are unable to be processed during the import. We have a section in our Exporting and Importing documentation that covers environment considerations.

Environments from the default lifecycle are not exported:
If your projects use the default lifecycle that Octopus creates, environments associated with that lifecycle will not be included in the project export. This was an intentional design decision made to avoid some tricky, unexpected behaviour during project import.

I think the easiest option to resolve this would be to delete release 1.6.20.1 for project SharedServices.ENS on your server then do a fresh export / import.

Let me know if this helps or if you have any questions or thoughts on this.

Best regards,
Daniel

This topic was automatically closed 31 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.